The Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) would like to provide you with an update on Contract 3 (Cudgerie Drive to Cooroy southern interchange) of the Bruce Highway upgrade (Cooroy to Curra) Section A project.
This year has seen some exciting milestones reached for the project. This has included construction of the new Myall Street roundabout, new bridges at Six Mile Creek and Cooroy southern interchange, construction of the northbound carriage way, and realignment of Holts Road.
The project is in its final stages of construction and on track for completion in early 2017, weather and construction conditions permitting. During this time there will be a number of intermittent night works and traffic changes occurring:
- The northbound on-ramp at Cooroy southern interchange will reopen.
- The southbound on-ramp will open in its permanent location at Cooroy southern interchange. Motorists will merge with southbound highway traffic.
- Southbound highway traffic will switch on to the new southbound carriageway.
- The southbound off-ramp at Cooroy southern interchange (Exit 230) will reopen in its permanent location, approximately 300m north of the temporary off-ramp.
- The new realigned section of Nandroya Road will open in both directions.
- The northbound off-ramp at Cooroy southern interchange will reopen.
Night works will be carried out between 6pm and 6am, Sunday to Friday on the Bruce Highway and surrounding local roads and will include vegetation clearing, asphalting, minor earthworks, maintenance works, concrete barrier movement and line marking. Although every effort will be made to reduce impacts, nearby residents may experience some noise, vibration and lighting while work is occurring near their property. Motorists are encouraged to drive to the traffic conditions and obey signs, reduced speed limits and traffic controller directions at all times.
The construction site will shut down over the Christmas break from Friday 23 December 2016 to Tuesday 3 January 2017 (inclusive). Residents may however, notice some workers on-site undertaking minor maintenance and monitoring activities during this time. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your patience and cooperation throughout the construction period and wish you and your family a safe and enjoyable festive season.
For up-to-date information on traffic changes, road users are encouraged to subscribe to the project’s free SMS and email update service by visiting www.tmr.qld.gov.au/sectiona (under ‘Contact details’ in the ‘Project info’ tab). If you would like further information about the project, please:
- freecall 1800 180 566 (charges may apply for calls from mobile phones and payphones)
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- visit www.tmr.qld.gov.au/sectiona (a free SMS and email update service is available at this site).
for Stephen Mallows
District Director (North Coast)