The Cooroy Community Memorial Hall Action Group (CCMHAG) will be holding a community meeting on Friday July 22 at 6pm at Cooroy Library to let the community know what has happened since Feb and talk about moving forward.
* Cooroy Memorial Community Hall was closed in November 2015
* At a community meeting in February 2016 the Cooroy Community Memorial Hall Action Group( CCMHAG) was formed with a group of 7 elected to work towards getting the hall opened.
* The Cooroy RSL are still the trustee of the Cooroy Memorial Community Hall.
* A building report and and a structural engineers report have been done
* The CCMHAG(Cooroy Community Memorial Hall Action Group) has had meetings with council staff and RSL management and board on how to progress.
* There is a complicated land issue that is still being negotiated between RSL, State Government Department of Natural Resources & Mines and Noosa Council.
* Council staff advised the CCMHAG to consider taking on a short term sublease from RSL of the hall
* The CCMHAG preferred option is for the Noosa Council to take on the Trust of hall and have written to the Noosa Mayor and all councillors on this issue.
* Reply from Council is that Noosa Council will not consider taking on Trust of Hall until land issue is sorted.
* CCMHAG has contacted Department of Natural Resources & Mines(DNRM) on this issue and DNRM’s preferred option is for the Trust of hall to go to Noosa council and only if Noosa council do not take it then they will consider it going to an incorporated body.
* The CCMHAG have quotes to get the minimum repairs done for the hall to be opened.They have also got estimated quotes for building insurance, public liability and directors insurance. And have started on a business plan for future of hall.
* Cooroy RSL have handed a terms of lease document to CCMFAG that is still to be negotiated.
* The CCMHAG has increased the working group to 9 by electing two members with relevant skills to work on the groups objectives.
THIS PUBLIC MEETING IS TO LOOK AT OPTIONS OF MOVING FORWARD IF YOU ARE KEEN TO HAVE A COMMUNITY HALL FOR THE COOROY COMMUNITY YOUR ATTENDANCE IS NEEDED.