Cooroy Chamber of Commerce
Meeting Date: 8 November 2016
Meeting Time: 11.30am
Meeting Venue: Cooroy Hotel, Garnet Street, Cooroy
President: Danielle Taylor Vice-President: Andy Flitter
Treasurer: Lynda Sandford Secretary: Carol Christensen
Executive: Tania Stewart Executive: Elona Bosboom
Executive: Megan D’Elton Executive: Richard Hansen
Lower Mill Board Rep: Chris Bell
Present: Guests Peter and Anthony Zipf
Apologies: Richard Hanson, Tania Stewart
- Noosa Plan – Peter Zipf spoke to chamber of his future investment into Cooroy being Cooroy Market at the old Wimmers site. And about the Noosa Plan as it stands and how changes to plan could change the retail footprint of Cooroy. Danielle proposed to put a link into the newsletter of the discussion paper on Noosa Plan and urge people to read and respond. Peter and Anthony thanked the Exec Chamber for their time.
- Minutes of Last Meeting
Minutes of the last meeting on 11 October 2016 (on website)
Proposed: Carol Christensen Seconded:Danielle Taylor
- Actions arising from the minutes: Letter re Farmers Markets. Action: Danielle completed (copy to be given to Carol)
- Treasurer’s Report:
Tracy has done our first BAS for us. $1300 has been paid to Tax Office
Cheque Acc. $22,000, Term Deposit $31,500
Note that a lot of payments for Christmas in Cooroy Activities will be going out soon and first payment for CCTV ($66,000) will be coming in with associated outgoings.
Proposed: Lynda Sandford Seconded: Danielle Taylor
- Sunshine Coast Business Council Board – 30pm 19 November Surfair Beach Hotel, Marcoola – Not attending.
- Cooroy Mountain Spring Festival Presentation Dinner 6pm Sat 19 November – Elona attending
- Bendigo Bank Sponsored Organisation Event – Motherhood the Musical – Wed 30 November 6.30pm Coolum Civic Centre – Danielle attending –
- anyone else?
5.1 Danielle Moved that Elona be reimbursed for attending Cooroy Mountain Spring Festival Presentation. Seconded Lynda Sandford.
Mail In: Crime Prevention Section Final Funding Agreement for CCTV grant
Vendor Creation Form – Criminal Justice Policy & Programmes Division
Account from Belvedere News
Letter from Mike Prior re road Bridge problems in Cooroy
Invite to Noosa Tourism networking night.
Invite to Noosa Council international volunteers day
Invite to Sunshine Coast Business Council Christmas drinks
Info from Tracey King Noosa Council re Before I Die Public Art Project.
Invite to Bendigo Banks Motherhood Musical
Invite to Rotary Cooroy Mountain Spring Festival Presentation Dinner
Mail Out: Letter of Support – Cooroy Farmers & Artisan Market
Noosa Council Grant for Australian Body Art Festival
- Other Business:
- Kurui : stock of current Kurui is low. Decided to work on a new Kurui to start in January 2017
- Christmas Party (Golf Club) & Community Service Award & CIC Thank You. Cost $25 for members; $30 for non-members – invites have been sent out. Lucky door prize will be a gift pack purchased with IGA vouchers. Music option will be a cd player. Community award will be a plaque and flowers. Christmas in Cooroy Sponsors will receive a certificate as well as a 1 free ticket to Christmas party.
- New Marque purchased from grant has great Christmas decals
- Christmas in Cooroy, Hope Church will not be providing Carolers and The Cherry Ripes will be doing Carols Friday Night.
- Stars – we have 3 so far, discussion took place if we should place a star for a living community legend. This is to be decided.
- Danielle raised concern over the work and timeline for CCTV grant. A couple of large document have to read over. As we have only received final agreement this week Chamber exec feel that straight after CIC we can dedicate some time to getting on with CCTV timeline. Danielle to liaise with Doug and Lynda and Andy said they would try and help if possible.
- Meeting Closed 1pm
- Next Exec meeting: Tuesday 13 December @ 12noon Cooroy Hotel