Cooroy Chamber of Commerce
Meeting Date: 12 December 2016
Meeting Time: 12 Midday
Meeting Venue: Cooroy Hotel, Garnet Street, Cooroy
President: Danielle Taylor Vice-President: Andy Flitter
Treasurer: Lynda Sandford Secretary: Carol Christensen
Executive: Tania Stewart Executive: Elona Bosboom
Executive: Megan D’Elton Executive: Richard Hansen
Lower Mill Board Rep: Chris Bell
Apologies: Tania Stewart, Megan D’Elton, Chris Bell
- CSR Community Conversation – Suzelie from CPR Group gave the executive a detailed update about CSR proposed development on a large section of land on Macdonald Drive and of the consultation process in place. The executive expressed to Suzelie its concerns regarding road infrastructure that would need to be addressed if such a development would get the go ahead.
- Minutes of Last Meeting
Minutes of the last meeting on 8 November 2016 (on website)
Proposed: Carol Christensen Seconded: Elona Bosboom
- Actions arising from the minutes: Nil
- Treasurer’s Report:
Proposed: Lynda Sandford Seconded:Danielle Taylor
Approx $26,000 in Cash Acc and $26,000 in Term Deposit
- Cooroy Mountain Spring Festival Presentation Dinner 6pm Sat 19 November – Elona attended and chamber received a certificate of appreciation.
- Bendigo Bank Sponsored Organisation Event – Motherhood the Musical – Wed 30 November 6.30pm Coolum Civic Centre – Danielle
Mail In: Local Economic Plan Update – Carolyn Bullen
Before I Die Project – Tracy King
ABW Thank You NDSHS
Mail Out: MCU objection to councillors
Aquittal – Gambling Community Benefit Fund
Various CCTV paperwork including contracts, MOUs, etc
Dept of Social Services Volunteer Grants
- Administration Rates:
Further to email that Lynda sent. All that responded were in favour of increasing administration rates to for Firefly Solutions to cover their wages costs. Lynda proposed that Firefly Solutions be paid for work done for chamber the rate of $35 an hour including GST. Seconded by Richard Hansen. All in favour.
- Other business:
- Kurui – work to commence on new edition of Kurui in early 2017
- Website – hacked. Chamber has paid $150 for restoration.
- Christmas in Cooroy Review – another great event with the rain causing the great night to end early. Estimated attendance 15,000. Recommend just having a float for Chamber in 2017 instead of handing out lollies as it gets more attention.
- Christmas Party. Everyone enjoyed the night we had some Christmas in Cooroy sponsors attend the evening. Catering was fantastic.
- CCTV Update – currently the project is running to schedule, installation to start December hopefully to be finalized by January/February.
- RV stop. Chamber has been made aware of a group of caravaners, Rainbow Lorikeets who are not happy with the toilets situation at the stop. Andy volunteered to go and hand out vouchers to address this situation of the group giving Cooroy’s RV stop a bad review. Danielle to email council re this situation.
- Meeting Closed:1.40pm
- Next Exec meeting: 10 January @ 12noon Cooroy Hotel